EAP

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Dec 13 16:52:55 CET 2012

On 13/12/12 15:43, David Peterson wrote:
> Hmm so if say the wireless inserted 55-65ms of latency and we have
> another 50ms of WAN latency it could cause some real issues with
> EAP.

It shouldn't cause issues - but you will observe the latency (as well
clients when authenticating).

Most EAP timers are on the order of seconds, not sub-second. Just be
aware of the various timers, and don't tune them aggressively.

Obviously if you can co-locate a RADIUS server with the NAS, this is
preferable. Clearly not possible for eduroam, but if you have the option.

What kind of deployment are you doing?