rlm_perl and Threaded Perl??

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Feb 14 02:27:14 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 6:32 AM, Simon Earthrowl <searthrowl at eseye.com> wrote:
> FR 2.1.12-1 and 2.1.12-7, but also looked at 3.0.0.
> I manage to get 2048 perl threads (assumed from netstat -ap - as I'm
> interfacing into Apache's ActiveMQ), then when I hit 2049 threads FR
> crashes.

Why would you want that many threads?

Can your activemq backend REALLY process > 2048 concurrent active
connections without slowing down? It might be simply that nobody has
tested that many perl threads in FR, so if a lower number works then I
suggest you stick with that for now.

>From my experience with sql, the optimum number of radius threads is
equal to the number of backend connections (in my case, sql). And the
optimum number of sql connections depends on several things, including
processing delay (e.g. network roundtrip between nodes) and available
cpu cores. But even then my optimum number is around 200. If a radius
request arrive when all the 200-threads are busy, it will simply be
queued for later processing.

--
Fajar