rad client

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Feb 14 08:46:21 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Miha Zoubek <miha at softnet.si> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need one information about radius behaviour regarding voip cdr (AAA).
>
> I know I get two stop packet and two start packets for every call that
> is made.
> For one softswitch I get session ID same for all paskets (stop&start for
> a leg, and stop&start for b leg), on other softswitch I get one session
> ID for one stop&start packet and other ID for second stop&start packet.
> So, for one softswitch as is only one ID I get one enetry in sql table,
> for other softswitch I get two enetries in my sql table as I get two
> session IDs.
>
> Which behaviour is right?

I can't comment about softswitch, but a NAS in general should send
only one acct start & stop for each session it handles. Unless they're
re-sent due to transmission problems, in which case the session ID
will be the same.

I suggest you ask your softswitch vendor about that. If you know the
difference betwenn those two different packets from the same session
(e.g perhaps there's an attribute that's only present in one of them),
then you should be able to filter it out so you can record only one
entry per session in your acct table.

--
Fajar