duplicate radacct entries

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Feb 16 05:50:56 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Ski Mountain
<ski_the_mountain at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think the heart of the problem is the fact that below is just one connection(that created two entries), then I disconnected.  It only updates acctstoptime in one of the entries.

... which is why I said blame the NAS.

It's possible that two different process created the records, e.g:
- pptpd (with radius plugin) create the complete acct record
- login shell (or whatever other process that uses PAM and is invoked
in your setup) create the record with only acct-start-time.

If you log the packets to detail file, you can examine those two
packets and look at the difference. Not all attributes is recorded in
sql, but all received attributes is logged in detail file.

--
Fajar