Freeradius Multiple accounting sessions per login

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Feb 27 13:58:35 CET 2012

Hi,

> My RADIUS server hard drive recently crashed and i had to reinstall everything from scratch. I got everything working but now every time a user logs in i get 3 sessions registered in the accounting table. I remember this being a networking issue of some sort but i can not remember or find any record of what could cause this behavior. Currently my server IP for binding is set to *:

..this is one reason why having a changelog or system work log is essential - you
can just look this issue or server up and see what was done before. of course,
this is also why you should have configuration file backups (or central copies
for deployment).

do you have multiple NICs ? did you used to listen to all interfaces?

what does the output of 'radiusd -X' show you happening?  the multiple
sessions will have come from somewhere....

alan