compiling freeradius 2.1.12 in Debian squeeze

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Mon Jan 16 19:21:02 CET 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 06:56:32PM +0000, Rui Ribeiro wrote:
> One of the problems is freeradius is expecting ltdl 3.x, and
> squeeze has 7; the other is that the file changelog is no more
> in the right format. (tough the last one is easily fixed)

Hit this the other day - make sure you don't have old ltdl
(especially -dev) packages hanging around. if you've upgraded from
lenny to squeeze, then you probably have. Purge the old ones &
install new -dev.

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 09:15:38AM +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 8:16 AM, Rui Ribeiro <ruyrybeyro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Indeed just found configure make works fine; been the whole time
> > trying to build a deb package.
> > fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc doesn't work.
>
> I usually just use dpkg-buildpackage -b. Mostly with Ubuntu's debian
> directory, but I'm pretty sure last time I tried 2.1.12 with it's
> included debian directory it also works fine. Latest v2.1.x from git
> however won't work since some patches needs to be changed.

I tend to use dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot

In latest git, you need to do

 rm debian/patches/rlm_sql.libs.diff
 sed -ie '/rlm_sql/d' debian/patches/series

before it will build (may not be the actual fix, but gets it to
build & I'm not using rlm_sql).

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>