Blackberry disabled server certificates query

lmgo5991 lmgo at gcal.ac.uk
Fri Jan 20 11:05:32 CET 2012

Hi

We are testing various deivces with our new eduroam wirelss and so far so
good.  However, an issue cropped up with blackberrys where during the setup,
if you leave the box unchecked "disable server certificate validation" then
the blackberry connects fine if you uncheck connection fails "failed to
connect".  I have checked other institutions and they have conflicting
guides some say leave it checked others say uncheck.

Can anyone advise the status - to check or uncheck?

Thanks