Question about WARNING in rlm_sql_mysql

Krzysztof Grobelak kgrobelak at airspeed.ie
Tue Jan 31 11:46:35 CET 2012

On 31/01/12 09:47, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Krzysztof Grobelak wrote:
>> Can somebody shed some light what the 'You probably need to lower "min"'
>> means.
>    See raddb/modules/sql in the latest "git" repository.  The values and
> functionality are documented there.
>
>> I just installed fresh freeradius from git. All my settings are
>> the same as in  the last version but apart from the radiusd -X not
>> working (but the radiusd -lxx -l stdout is)  radius.log displays this
>> warning about lowering number of sql connections.
>>
>> Can anybody give some advice??
>    Try lowering the minimum number of connections?
>
>    Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
Thanks for the reply.

I did lower it, as it recommends but i did not have to do it in previous
versions and I wanted to understand what has changed in the new release.

And thanks for handy git commands Fajar.
The radiusd -X command does not start the debug. It advises to use the
radiusd -lxx -l stdout command to start it. I thought that freeradius is
compiled with threads usage by default.

Regards,
Krzysztof