working with vouchers

Andreas Meyer anmeyer at anup.de
Thu Jul 5 10:43:06 CEST 2012

Hi!

alan buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
> > Hello!
> >
> > Without considering any security is it possible to hand out a
> > voucher to a client with just the ESSID, the username and the
> > password written down and this client can authenticate to the
> > radiusserver over the authenticator? Please be patient with me!
>

> depends on the methods used, server configuration  and the client involved

In the simpliest environment I want to see what is possible and
how it can be done. I don't really know what methods to use for an
easy authentication without EAP. I think maybe the server can be configured
to look into the users database whether there is an entry for that user and
says ok to the authenticator.

This is all because I want to learn what and how can be done with the
server. At the moment I am testing all this with an openSUSE 11.3.
A Windows XP I have only available in a VBox-environment. So testing
with a Linux would be enough for me a the moment.

  Andreas