Problem with setting up multiple authentication methods.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jul 19 15:41:52 CEST 2012

Cooper, Tom wrote:
> I am running freeradius2.1.12, having recently upgraded from freeradius
> 1, where this worked perfectly.

  The server *did* change from version 1 to version 2.  Did you copy the
version 1 configuration, or did you build a new one for version 2?

> I use LDAP authentication from my radius server for ADSL, 3g and wifi
> users, each with their own realm set up. Now for support staff we have
> another separate apn using a single user name without a password and no
> realm. For this  I use a Perl accounting module. The whole idea is to
> hit LDAP authorization/accounting first and upon not finding the user,
> fall through to Perl auth/accounting because it is listed last in my
> users file. This works perfectly. However, when the Perl auth-Type is
> switched on, my ADSL users auth against LDAP, LDAP returns all the
> relevant user info, exits with ok, but then everything is passed to
> Perl, which rejects it. Why does radius not exit when LDAP is successful?
>
> I hope you understand what I mean.

  No idea.  As ALWAYS, read the debug log.  It's the ONLY way to see
what's going on.

  Also try reading the raddb/modules/ldap file in version 2.  It
contains documentation describing the changes from version 1.