Re: Re: FreeRADIUS in failover - HA setup (question)(Arran Cudbard-Bell)

Aldo Zavala aldo at cleartalk.net
Thu Jul 19 17:05:11 CEST 2012

Arran, many thanks for your reply. After read you reply I have two basic questions below:

1.- Although there are more options to achieve redundancy in MySQL I will choose either MySQL Cluster or MySQL Replication in which I believe (please
 correct me any time if I am wrong) you have the option of have a floating IP address, all nodes will be master in Cluster, and Master/Slave combinations could be setup in Replication in any case I will always connect to one MySQL IP address so why would I need to call more than one instance of SQL module?

2.- Also, I think Sun (x86 or 64) with Solaris 10 OS will be my platform of choice for the MySQL Cluster or Replication setup, would you recommend me to compile the FreeRADIUS 3.0 (from Git), in other words:
   - Is there any special document or list of tips to compile FreeRADIUS 3.0 it under Solaris 10?, I have seen many post of people having compilation issues.
   - In general, is Solaris 10 a recommended platform to run FreeRADIUS 3.0 ?

Thanks again!

Aldo Zavala