Session-Timeout

Klaus Klein k.klein at gmx.de
Thu Jul 26 17:20:42 CEST 2012

Am 26.07.2012 16:16, schrieb Matthew Newton:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 04:08:04PM +0200, Klaus Klein wrote:
>> While everything works so far, I just can't get the Session-Timeout to work.
> If FreeRADIUS is sending the AVP back to the NAS (which you state
> it is), it's the job of the NAS (the AP) to disconnect the user at
> the specified time.
> The user will keep working until the NAS kicks them off.
> As the user isn't being disconnected, it's the NAS that needs
> investigating.
I was afraid it would go down that road. :-(

>> Any idea how I could pinpoint the problem either from the FreeRADIUS or the client side?
I'm just tracing the wpa_supplicant and noticed a message "Cancelling authentication timeout"
Unfortunately, it's not clear what or which side (AP or Client) is causing this message.

Is there any way a client could cancel a session timeout?
Or why would a AP do so?

Cheers,
Klaus