Proxy-State in a CoA proxied request

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 1 10:47:21 CEST 2012

fab junkmail wrote:
> I have tried filtering out Proxy-State attribute for proxied CoA in
> pre.proxy section but it does not seem to work for me. Debug mentions
> the following which makes me think it is not using the DEFAULT section
> of attrs.pre-proxy:

  You can't filter out Proxy-State.  It's added automatically.

> Does anyone have any advice on how I can fix my config to be able to
> filter out (or not add) Proxy-State attribute for proxied CoA? I have
> included relevant parts of my config and debug below.

  Edit the source code.  See src/main/event.c, around line 2200.

  The real answer is to call the NAS vendor, and tell them their product
violates RFC 3576.  It's been out for nearly a decade, so there is NO
EXCUSE.

  If they give you trouble, email me off-list.  I'll call the people
they report to.