Translation of Reply Messages

yzy-oui-fi yzy-oui-fi at hotmail.fr
Wed Mar 7 09:00:24 CET 2012

Radius reply through hotspot is generaly achieved by the splash page.
This page is usualy a cgi our php kind, so you could easily translate it
to one language or an other. In multilanguage platform (usualy assumed
by php+mysql coding) you should manage with Language database, a tag
dictionary database and the variable "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" where user
prefered language is sent to the server. If you do not want the language
selection to be set automaticly then you could use some Flags button
that the user will choice(ie, this could the shortest way if you only
support most common language ...En,Fr,Ge,Sp).

Hotspot system is not the only one who do this translation, lot of CSP
does it(Worldspot.net...And my self of course :)).

The trouble with multilanguage comes if you use local splash page hosted
on small memory router devices (ie:Coova on a WRT54GL), in this case it
become near impossible to have multiple languages selection due to lake
of memory .