Is this a possible project?

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Mar 12 15:46:42 CET 2012

On 12 Mar 2012, at 15:32, 甄鹏 wrote:

> Hello Everybody:
>   Recently,I got a project,it requires set a Radius Server in the company,and 100 APs in 100 Restarants in the city,all the APs of course connected to its own router.
>   I want to the customers who want to use wifi in any of these restarant need to get authentication through the Radius Server locate in my company rather than the traditional wpa/wpa2 ways.

Do you want to use WPA/WPA2 Enterprise instead, or through a captive portal on the access point, or through mac authentication?

>   for honestly,i am new to freeRadius,i even not really sure if is it a possible project?
>   The radius server could have a static WAN ip address,but all the APs could only got a LAN ip address like 192.168.*.*,when I set up the freeRadius+Mysql system,how could i distinguish different AP?

Depends on the AP, some will send the NAS-Identifier attribute which you could use to distinguish between them. Otherwise most will include a Called-Station-ID attribute which *may* contain a Mac-Address associated with the Access point, you'll need what your Access Point sends.

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

Betelwiki, Betelwiki, Betelwiki.... http://wiki.freeradius.org/ !