Is this a possible project?

Jan Hugo Prins jhp at jhprins.org
Mon Mar 12 18:56:12 CET 2012

On 03/12/2012 03:32 PM, 甄鹏 wrote:
> Hello Everybody:
>   Recently,I got a project,it requires set a Radius Server in the
> company,and 100 APs in 100 Restarants in the city,all the APs of course
> connected to its own router.
>   I want to the customers who want to use wifi in any of these restarant
> need to get authentication through the Radius Server locate in my
> company rather than the traditional wpa/wpa2 ways.
>   for honestly,i am new to freeRadius,i even not really sure if is it a
> possible project?
>   The radius server could have a static WAN ip address,but all the APs
> could only got a LAN ip address like 192.168.*.*,when I set up the
> freeRadius+Mysql system,how could i distinguish different AP?because,i
> know in the LAN,i set the IP address for different AP for the nasname
> option in nas.sql.
>   sorry for too many questions here,
>   thank you in advanced

In a setup like that I would start looking at an Aruba
(http://www.arubanetworks.com/) setup. That gives you the possibility to
create environments where every app sends out the corporate SSID with
WPA2-Enterprise and give guests access to a local guest network with a
controlled internet breakout.

This can all work very fine with freeradius.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Jan Hugo Prins
E: jhp at jhprins.org