Windows 7 clients

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Mar 15 17:20:41 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 01:51:19PM +0000, Alan Buxey wrote:
> > Is this the "INTERMEDIATE CA" that GeoTrust sent along with the server
> > cert?
>
> is then fed that cert chain... if it has the root CA installed it should be
> happy - though some clients still complain.

When I (briefly) tested Windows 7 the other week, it needed the
root and intermediate certificates installed. Windows didn't seem
to want to accept the intermediate that was sent from the server,
no matter what order the certs were. After installing the
intermediate on the client, all was well.

However, it was only a quick test, and I was actually doing
something else, so it might not be correct. It just niggled me
enough at the time to dig a bit deeper, and I put it down to the
standard case of Windows being stupid, and moved on. I'd like to
be proven incorrect.

Thanks,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>