Question on logging EAP/PEAP authentication rejections

Josh Hiner josh at remc1.org
Mon Mar 19 21:48:06 CET 2012

Along with enabling user_tunneled_reply=yes etc.. I am also updating the
outer tunnel with the inner tunnel username like this:

update outer.reply {
                User-Name = "%{request:User-Name}"
        }
in ./sites-enabled/inner-tunnel

Watching radius debug I can even see attr_filter.access_reject expand
User-Name because it uses it as its key.

I do have sql reject logging fine in other radius server setups. I read the
short doc here: http://freeradius.org/radiusd/doc/Post-Auth-Type and have
searched via google. Im sorry I just cannot figure this one out. I even see
attr_filter. I cannot get Freeradius to log the username in eap/peap login
rejects.

Thanks again.

-Josh