Freeradius Server Performance & Provisioning

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Mar 22 02:07:18 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Tiago Ratto
<tiago.ratto at friistelecom.com.br> wrote:
> I'm no DBA, so I've done as much tuning as I could learn from MySQL
> documentations and users forums. But I feel that our database could be tuned
> a little more. In addition, we're planning to upgrade the server.

... and that, my friend, is the main problem.

> So I ask you guys some advice on MySQL tuning and Server provisioning to do
> the AAA of about 25000 users with the 5 minutes Interim.

Do you use simultaneous use check? If yes, I'd start by limiting the
number of entries in radacct. For example, manually move ALL entries
that are from 2 months ago or older to a separate table.

Other than that, I'd start by learning about database, or ask a DBA
for help. Start with finding out what queries are causing most load,
and how to make them more efficient (e.g. by adjusting indexes or
queries).

--
Fajar