Freeradius Server Performance & Provisioning

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Mar 22 09:25:14 CET 2012

Hi,

>    I'm no DBA, so I've done as much tuning as I could learn from MySQL
>    documentations and users forums. But I feel that our database could be
>    tuned a little more. In addition, we're planning to upgrade the server.
>    So I ask you guys some advice on MySQL tuning and Server provisioning to
>    do the AAA of about 25000 users with the 5 minutes Interim.�

really this is a MySQL question for MySQL forums....but lets start with the basics
anyway - WHAT tuning have you already performed on the MySQL. Are you sure its
just the MySQL - sounds to me like you have other things going on here - such
as a legacy version with all kinds of other things still running..

what does 'radiusd -Xxx' (we need some timing info) show for a connection?

alan