Windows 7 prompting several times

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Mar 29 14:07:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

> freeradius. Then we discovered that must be some kind of difference between
> the messages exchanged between a windows supplicant and a freeradius server
> and a windows supplicant and a windows server 2003 running the internet
> authentication server, because in the first case, when the password was
> wrong the windows supplicant don't show us a message saying that the
> password was wrong, simple asks for entering the password again and again.
> In the second using the windows 2003 server and the internet authentication
> server, when a wrong password was entered, the supplicant show a message
> stating that the password was wrong.

well, configure your FreeRADIUS to send the 'your passwords was wrong, retry'
message.....this is on by default in Windows servers as its Microsoft stuff.

you will need to look at the bottom of eap.conf and bottom of mschap module

the FreeRADIUS server does what you tell it to do

oh, you'll need to be running FR 2.1.11 or higher

alan