Help about debug mode and python

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 15 23:12:06 CEST 2012

Vladimir KOLLA wrote:
> Thank you for your presentation at OSSIR today.

  You're welcome.  It was nice to get to Paris for a while.

> As said, I've a technical question about the debug mode and Python.
> We are using python with "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/python2.6.so.1" in /etc/init.d/freeradius file
> But when we start FreeRadius in debug mode, it seems that the parameter is bypassed so we have to force the command line : "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/python2.6.so.1 freeradius -X"
>
> Is it normal ? Do we missed somethind or is there another way to run debug mode with the prelod config ?

  It's normal.  The environment variable is set in the init.d/freeradius
file.  And when you're starting FreeRADIUS *without* that file, it isn't
used.

  I'm not sure why you need to preload the python library.  It should be
loaded automatically when you load the rlm_python library.