Freeradius + OpenVPN Solution to Traffic Limitation

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Nov 1 15:33:27 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 9:23 PM, ToriTori <contact at toritori.fi> wrote:
> I need to limit the monthly traffic of OpenVPN users on my server. Example: After a 50G/month traffic limitation has been reached, the server will disconnect

I don't think openvpn has support for that.

> and reject connections from that user for that period of time.

Should be possible. Assuming you know enough to integrate openvpn with radius.

> Everything seems to point out to Freeradius as the best solution! I'm just having problems finding any guidance to achieving this.. could someone please instruct?

On FR's side there this: http://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_sqlcounter

That's the easy part. The "openvpn and radius integration" part is the
hard one, and I'm afraid you need to look elsewhere. Try openvpn list,
or hire someone with experience implementing this.

--
Fajar