Mysql, Accounting and DialupAdmin

Erich Titl erich.titl at think.ch
Thu Nov 8 08:08:06 CET 2012

Hi Fajar

on 08.11.2012 03:35, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Erich Titl <erich.titl at think.ch> wrote:
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> I succeeded to get my set up running with FR 2.2.0 and Mysql, e.g. I can
>> connect through a ZyXEL NWA 3160 using credentials in the MySQL database
>> using a M$ Windows 7 client.
>>
>> Everything is still quite raw and blurry to me. Could someone point me
>> to the right dos for the following?
>>
>> 1) I had to enter cleartext password into the mysql database, apparently
>> other formats were not accepted
>
> Because you use Windows client, which defaults to EAP-MSCHAPv2. See
> http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html
> If your main concern is "I don't want to store cleartext password in
> db", you should be able to use NT-Password. Search the list archive,
> there's a recent thread about this.

Thanks, I read that URL, actually that one guided me to enter a
Cleartext Password at all.

mysql> select * from radcheck;
+----+----------+--------------------+----+----------------------------------+
| id | username | attribute          | op | value

+----+----------+--------------------+----+----------------------------------+
|  1 | test     | MD5-Password       | := |
81dc9bdb52d04dc20036dbd8313ed055 |
|  2 | test     | NT-Password        | := |
7CE21F17C0AEE7FB9CEBA532D0546AD6 |

+----+----------+--------------------+----+----------------------------------+

>> 2) I could see login and logout information, but no data usage, e.g.
>> dowload and upload sizes appear to be zeroes.
>
> Some NAS (e.g. AP's flashed with dd-wrt) simply doesn't send
> accounting packets. Blame your NAS :P

:-(

Do you have a recommendation for AP's that pass this information?

> ... or to be more acccurate, look at your NAS documentation (or ask
> the vendor) how to get it to send accounting packets.

It is a ZyXEL, so basically a black box, even to the local vendor.

Thanks

Erich