Mysql, Accounting and DialupAdmin

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Nov 8 08:16:45 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Erich Titl <erich.titl at think.ch> wrote:
> Thanks, I read that URL, actually that one guided me to enter a
> Cleartext Password at all.

See the column labeled "NT hash"?

> mysql> select * from radcheck;
> +----+----------+--------------------+----+----------------------------------+
> | id | username | attribute          | op | value
> +----+----------+--------------------+----+----------------------------------+
> |  1 | test     | MD5-Password       | := |
> 81dc9bdb52d04dc20036dbd8313ed055 |
> |  2 | test     | NT-Password        | := |
> 7CE21F17C0AEE7FB9CEBA532D0546AD6 |
> |  3 | test     | Cleartext-Password | := | 1234
> +----+----------+--------------------+----+----------------------------------+

IIRC only one of them will be used. I suggest you dop MD5 (since it's
useless for your purpose) and Cleartext (you don't want that, right?)
and verify you use the correct NT-Password (use "smbencrypt" if you
haven't already done so)

>>> 2) I could see login and logout information, but no data usage, e.g.
>>> dowload and upload sizes appear to be zeroes.
>>
>> Some NAS (e.g. AP's flashed with dd-wrt) simply doesn't send
>> accounting packets. Blame your NAS :P
>
> :-(
>
> Do you have a recommendation for AP's that pass this information?

Nope. Sorry.

Try looking at the archives, I think Cisco boxes sends them.

As an alternative, if you're fine with captive-portal setup,
chillispot sends accounting packets just fine.

>> ... or to be more acccurate, look at your NAS documentation (or ask
>> the vendor) how to get it to send accounting packets.
>
> It is a ZyXEL, so basically a black box, even to the local vendor.

Then blame the vendor. Seriously.

Why would you want to use something that even the local vendor can't support?

--
Fajar