Mysql, Accounting and DialupAdmin

Erich Titl erich.titl at think.ch
Thu Nov 8 08:43:28 CET 2012

Hi Fajar

on 08.11.2012 08:16, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

> IIRC only one of them will be used. I suggest you dop MD5 (since it's
> useless for your purpose) and Cleartext (you don't want that, right?)
> and verify you use the correct NT-Password (use "smbencrypt" if you
> haven't already done so)

Yes, it appears that authentication using NT-Password hash works fine
for M$. What would be the least common setting in a multi vendor
environment. I guess, OSX, for example, is using a different protocol.

>> It is a ZyXEL, so basically a black box, even to the local vendor.
>

> Then blame the vendor. Seriously.
>
> Why would you want to use something that even the local vendor can't support?

I am in an evaluation phase and this is a vendor with widespread
acceptance here. Finding such a weakness is important  as we will
probably drop the product then. Unfortunately not everyone is really
comfortable with open source products. This is just the kind of reality
the vendors try to lock us in.

Thanks

Erich