radwho: No configuration information in radutmp section of radiusd.conf

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Mon Nov 19 10:25:25 CET 2012

El 19/11/12 09:15, Fajar A. Nugraha escribió:

>>>     Well, that won't help.
>>>
>>>     You're trying to use "radwho", but aren't logging accounting
>>> information.  That means "radwho" will NEVER show you anything.
>>>
>>          I'm not sure about this. I have tried configuration with radutmp
>> line commented and uncommented. But the fact is that radwho is loggin
>> information, because radutmp is updated and if I use radwho -F <file> then I
>> can see is not empty.
>
> That's odd. The only thing writing the utmp file should be accounting
> section. Did you perhaps forgot to restart the server after making the
> change?
>
> Anyway, from a quick glance at radwho, the relevant change is probably
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/41960ed2 . If
> you know how to reverese a patch and build from source, you can try
> reverting the patch (direct patch link:
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/41960ed2.diff)
> and see if it helps. I'm assuming you have a non-empty utmp file
> already? If it works, then you found a bug and pinpoint the source. If
> it doesn't, then it's something else.

	Same configuration, with freeradius 2.2.0 but using radwho from 2.1.8
works. Instead of revert patching the file, I have copied radwho command
from previous folders, and it works without any problem.

	So it seems that the problem is that now -F options is mandatory
instead of optional.

	If this was the only problem, it wouldn't be any problem, but I'm
having the same problem with radzap:

radwho: No configuration information in radutmp section of radiusd.conf!

	This same configuration with previous versions of radius works without
any problem.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática