Statistics on EAP methods widely used

Panagiotis Georgopoulos panos at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Tue Nov 20 15:19:01 CET 2012

> Panagiotis Georgopoulos wrote:
> >                 I am trying to find some statistics on what is the
> > most commonly deployed/used EAP method using FreeRadius (or RADIUS in general).
>
>   That's hard.  It requires organizations to tell people what they're doing.  Most
> organizations won't say this.

Yeap, I understand this but telling people that you are doing EAP-TLS, or EAP-TTLS, or
PEAP, or whatever does not really expose your network. Many companies have this
information on the web already in "how-to-connect-to-our-wifi" guides. It seems strange to
me that there is no survey with collective statistics about this anywhere.

> >                There are many claims that, for example, EAP-TLS and
> > EAP-TTLS are most commonly used (and secure) but these are never
> > backed up by any survey/references. Any pointers?
>
>   The best source of these stats is probably the eduroam proxies.
> However, that information is hard to get.

I've been searching all morning for NRPS statistics but I have been unable to find any
online. I know there are eduroam people in this list... could they help?

Thanks,
Panos