Customization of authorize_reply_query

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Oct 2 14:46:07 CEST 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Václav Pernica <vpl at email.cz> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I use the FR just to only authenticate the user. The data are stored in Oracle DD. Is there any option how to disable authorize_reply_query?> The reason is that that DB contains millions of records and each query take some some time. Depending on DB load is 0.5 seconds but during the peak it goes up 7 seconds.
>
> As the users are authenticated after authorize_check_query, the reply query is in my case only delaying the authentication. Maybe there is some option how to set some static response for the reply query?

 authorize_reply_query, as the name implies, gets per-user reply items
from db. If the table "contains millions of records" then most likely
the one who designed the system (I'm guessing not you) have lots of
per-user reply items there, or you might simply have lots of users.

If you REALLY know what you're doing (the emphasis on REALLY), then
you can create a new table with the same schema, and use it for
${authreply_table}. That way there will be no per-user reply items.

--
Fajar