getting rejected, please give me some light.

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 21:32:19 CEST 2012

On 10/04/2012 03:10 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> On 10/4/2012 8:18 PM, John Dennis wrote:
>> All the information you need is in the debug output you posted. Did you
>> read it?
> I have tried but I am unable to understand what is wrong since it's a
> new language for me.
>

>> Hint, you need the pap module for plaintext auth, it's enabled by
>> default. Why did you disable it? The debug output even calls attention
>> to this omission.
> I didnt disabled anything.. it's bulk freeradius settings with the only
> thing changed for sql and ok = return  in the pap auth case to prevent
> trying sql (like in eap settings).

You say you didn't disable anything and in the next sentence you say you
insterted "ok = return" in pap. Your log shows pap is broken, gee I
wonder why? Do not change anything you don't understand.

> I have tried to write username and password in the users which works for
> wifi EAP but not for NAS\LNS.
>

>> You've set the Auth-Type, probably in the users file. Do not do that,
>> the server will figure it out.
> In what section I possibly did that?
>> There are no instructions from the
>> FreeRADIUS doc which instructs you to do this. Why did you set it?
> I am looking for instructions but it seems like I missed something in
> understanding?
>
> What I have added is:
> bob Cleartext-Password := "Hello"
>
> and the client config to communicate the server
>
> I dont have any rules I have added to the original ones.
>
> I recompiled it from source and reinstalled it.
>
> pap is on etc..
>
> Found out my problem...
>
> now I understood that it's like ACLS "first hits" in the users file.

try reading doc/processing_users_file.rst

> there is no reject or whatever but it does have other "DEFAULT" things
> and since they exist they comes first before the username I inserted.
> at least That is what I understood after trying and it's working now fine.
>
> the next step SQL.

Nope, the next step is to go back to square one and reinstall the
default provided configuration. DO NOT edit anything unless you actually
understand what you're doing.

Follow the instructions on Alan's website in the howto section:

http://deployingradius.com/

Also, the config files under raddb how a lot of documentation, spend
some time reading it as well as  the information under doc. Poke around
Alan's website (above) as well as the FreeRADIUS Wiki.

Do not follow any suggestions found on random website, usually they're
wrong. Only follow instructions found in the tarball, the freeradius.org
website, or deployingradius.com.

Do not change anything you do not understand.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/