Indeterministic EAP error

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Oct 4 23:38:27 CEST 2012

Hi,

> >I cannot find any pattern, so I do not believe it to be a client side
> >issue.

<snip>

> One thing: that logging only happens in "debug" mode. Most people
> don't run in debug mode all the time, so as far as I know, it could
> be normal - maybe everyone sees failure rates of that order?

<snip>

as Phil says, that message only appears in debug mode ...and debug mode runs in
a single thread and slows the whole process down. if you have multiple clients
trying to connect when in this state..and your server cannot deal with the client
fast enough, then you run into timing issues...et voila, plenty of errors and
did not finish errors etc.

ensure your main EAP method is first in the list. use the caching feature so the clients
dont have to go through the whole 12 trips etc

..and , as Phil says, with wireless you are dealing with the whole PHY issue - packets
sent may have got scrambled, needed resending...if the air is 'busy' with duty cycles the
client may not be able to transmit in a timely fashion - got 802.11b clients around?

alan