EAP-TLS Machine-Auth Windows: difference between LAN and WiFi

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 12 15:24:40 CEST 2012

On 12/10/12 13:48, David Mitton wrote:
> The behavior _is_ configurable, but as you have observed for your
> particular network, the default is not to attempt machine auth.   It is
> configurable on a per-network connection basis, I'm getting fuzzy on if
> it's adapter or SSID based.

No, you've misunderstood the point I'm making.

I am aware that machine and user auth are configurable (FYI, it's
per-adapter on LAN, per SSID on wireless).

The issue the OP seems to be facing is that, when *doing* machine auth,
he gets different format names on wired versus wireless.

Windows doesn't do that, so either his RADIUS config or Wi-Fi network is
mangling them.