EAP-TLS Machine-Auth Windows: difference between LAN and WiFi

Alexandros Gougousoudis gougousoudis-list at servicecenter-khs.de
Fri Oct 12 16:09:25 CEST 2012

Phil Mayers schrieb:
> Is it possible your wireless networking equipment is mangling the
> hostnames? Which vendor are you using?

Mhh, I can check that again, it's an old Linksys-AP. I'll see if that
happens also with the other more professional hardware we have.
> Have you verified that you really are receiving "hostname" instead of
> "host/hostname"? Verified with a reliable tool i.e. "tcpdump" on the
> RADIUS server?
No, I just took the Debug-Mode from FR.

But it's good to know, that the normal behaviour of windows is to use a
unique Loginname for all kind of machine-based auth.

Bye
 Alex