EAP-TLS Machine-Auth Windows: difference between LAN and WiFi

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 12 15:25:59 CEST 2012

On 12/10/12 13:59, Alexandros Gougousoudis wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> David Mitton schrieb:
>> If the OP is observing such behavior, he needs to figure out why (what
>> turned it on, is it consistent or the same for all users) and work
>> with that.
>
> It is consistent for all machines in the network. To figure out why this
> happend, is exactly what I want to do. But I need a good point to start.
> At least in MS-TechNet is no usable information about that behauviour.
> But  - as always - it depends also on the kind of question. Maybe I used
> the wrong keywords for the search. At the moment I can't see any light
> at the end of the tunnel.

It's interesting that the problem occurs on your wireless network.

Is it possible your wireless networking equipment is mangling the
hostnames? Which vendor are you using?

Have you verified that you really are receiving "hostname" instead of
"host/hostname"? Verified with a reliable tool i.e. "tcpdump" on the
RADIUS server?