sqlippool - duplicated ip address after freeradius restart

Antonio Modesto modesto at isimples.com.br
Tue Oct 23 12:52:04 CEST 2012

Hi,

I use radius sqlippool to assign IP address to my users, yesterday, after a
restart on radius service, it started to assign IP address that were
already in use to the users. I'm almost crazy here, I don't know what can
be causing this, we have been using this scheme for at least three months
and this problem never happened.

freeradius-2.1.12_1

I have this configuration in sites-enabled/default, post-auth block:

if (Framed-Protocol == PPP) {

sqlippool
}

and this in the accounting block:

sqlippool

this in the authorize block:

update control {
Pool-Name := "%{sql: SELECT nas_pool_name FROM naspool WHERE
nas_ip=INET_ATON('%{NAS-IP-Address}')}"
}

mysql> desc naspool;
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| nas_ip | int(10) unsigned | NO | PRI | 0 | |
| nas_pool_name | varchar(30) | YES | | NULL | |

The strange is that most, if not all of the duplicated address, are between
a specific NAS and a random one.

Obs. The expiry-time is set on 1h, and the interim update is set on 10m.

Any suggestions?