CentOS 6.3 and FreeRadius - can't authenticate to Unix

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Oct 30 08:09:25 CET 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>> ++[unix] returns notfound
>
>   That's pretty definitive.  The user isn't in /etc/passwd, or
> /etc/shadow.  Or, the server can't read it.

What's the recommended method for authenticating against Linux system
users? I thought pam was the better one?

Also, is the "big warning" still valid?

"
#  WARNING: On many systems, the system PAM libraries have
#           memory leaks!  We STRONGLY SUGGEST that you do not
#           use PAM for authentication, due to those memory leaks.
"

--
Fajar