WARNING: Child is hung for request xxx in component <core> module <queue>

ramakrishna mramakrishnaprasad at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 13:12:34 CEST 2012

Hi

I am using freeRADIUS 2.1.12 and i am facing one problem with the load of
Requests coming from RADIUS client.

I see the error "WARNING: Child is hung for request xxx in component <core>
module <queue>" in radius.log file. Please find the radiusd.conf
configuration i am using. Please suggest how to get rid of the error.

max_request_time = 5
cleanup_delay = 5
max_requests = 1024
thread pool {
        start_servers = 3

        max_servers = 32

           min_spare_servers = 3
        max_spare_servers = 10

#       max_queue_size = 65536

        max_requests_per_server = 0
}

I have run the server in debug mode but i cudnt find any logs related the
above problem.
Please lemme know whats going wrong. Please lemme know if u need any more
configuration or logs.

--
Best Regards,
M.Rama Krishna Prasad,