Using username at example.com and plain username

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 19 08:55:27 CEST 2012

Kriston wrote:
> Thanks, Steve, I think I'm really close and I appreciate your suggestion as
> to why the variable substitution isn't working the way I thought it would.

  Those suggestions are wrong, unfortunately.  Randomly experimenting
with configurations is a guaranteed way to go nowhere.

  When you drive a car, do you look at a map, or do you randomly drive
around the streets, hoping to find your destination?

> have not seen whether it handles the substitution of "@example.com" properly
> yet, though.

  There are no examples which match your exact configuration.

  If I understand your butchered "sql_user_name" correctly, you got it
very wrong.  It will create things like "bob at example.com@example.net"

  Knowing why requires *understanding*.  You're an adult, not a baby.
Only babies require spoon-feeding.