Execution of rlm code when remote server is not responding.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 27 13:50:45 CEST 2012

Arka Sharma wrote:
> Thanks a lot Phil for your reply.Now actually in my rlm code I want to
> set a flag to mark the vent of server went down and invoke a java code
> using JNI that is part of rlm.

  There is no event of "server down".  There is a "server failed to
respond to request".  As Phil said, see post-proxy-type Fail.

> Can you please elaborate.I searched the file "trigger.conf" using "find
> / -name trigger.conf" but did not get anything.Do I need to create it by
> my own.

  He said "In the git master branch".

 1) use git, not "find"
 2) check out the "master" branch.

> In the proxy.conf I have old style realm configuration.Ip's for
> authorization and accounting hosts in the realm section.

  Fix that to use the new method of configuring home servers.  Then use
radmin.

> I was looking into default.original in sites-enabled for this.Can you
> give me some examples for this ?

  That file contains examples.