implementing 3gpp2 attributes

Peter Lambrechtsen peter at crypt.co.nz
Thu Apr 25 10:07:31 CEST 2013

The dictionary.3gpp2 seems to have the VSA Attributes you're looking for.

If you're saying that VSA 91 should have subtypes, then you should
look at TLVs in the definition.

ATTRIBUTE	3GPP2-Prepaid-acct-Capability		91	octets

If you have a look in dictionary.dhcp under VSA 82 it gives you an
idea how to create the TLV sub VSAs.

ATTRIBUTE	DHCP-Relay-Agent-Information		82	tlv
BEGIN-TLV	DHCP-Relay-Agent-Information

ATTRIBUTE	DHCP-Agent-Circuit-Id			1	octets
END-TLV		DHCP-Relay-Agent-Information

I assume you're reading the spec from here?
http://www.3gpp2.org/public_html/specs/X.S0011-005-C_v1.0_110703.pdf

So you would want to want to update the dictionary file to say something like:

ATTRIBUTE	3GPP2-Prepaid-acct-Capability		91	tlv

BEGIN-TLV	3GPP2-Prepaid-acct-Capability

ATTRIBUTE	3GPP2-Prepaid-acct-Capability-AvailableInClient   1	octets
ATTRIBUTE	3GPP2-Prepaid-acct-Capability-SelectedForSession  2	octets
... Rinse and repeat...

END-TLV		3GPP2-Prepaid-acct-Capability

And then you just need to define what you need in those values.