Configuring the DHCP module to forward request to another Radius server.

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Aug 8 17:56:05 CEST 2013

On 8 Aug 2013, at 16:45, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Fabrice-externe SEGURA wrote:
>> A suggestion for v3 : It should be possible then to turn the simple dhcp
>> request into 2 radius request : the auth request + the acct start
>> request. Icing on the cake : dhcp-release should also transform into an
>> acct stop.
>
>  That's a lot harder.

It's one of the uses of request fanout we've discussed before.

One of the problems is handling the responses in a sane way.  Do you refuse to response to the client unless you get an Accounting-Response for example.

>  As always, patches are welcome.

As a hack just use exec and radclient to generate the packets and feed them back into the server.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team