How to accept RADIUS traffic on multiple interfaces?

McNutt, Justin M. McNuttJ at missouri.edu
Wed Aug 14 22:25:05 CEST 2013

One other thing with multiple interfaces:  RHEL 6 comes with some anti-spoofing features in the kernel enabled by default.  I'm afraid I forget exactly what they are, but the idea is this:  If the kernel gets a packet from HostA on eth1, but the routing table says that the return path to HostA is via eth0, the kernel will drop the packet.

If you have this case, you have two choices:
	1)  Make sure that requests come IN the same interface that will send the replies.
	2)  Turn off the anti-spoofing features in the kernel.

There's also the third option in which you create separate routing tables for each interface (plus the "master" routing table for sessions initiated outbound).  It's a pretty big hammer, but has other advantages for multi-homed systems.  Write back to me off-list if you want to go that route (pardon the pun).

--J