Groups in active directory and checks in MySQL

Atomikramp atomikramp at email.it
Mon Aug 26 14:29:44 CEST 2013

So, basically if i didn't understand incorrectly, the user must also exist
in the sql database for it to be checked against the radgroupcheck table and
for attributes in the radreply table to be sent back to the NAS.

an hybrid configuration cannot be done?

as my schema, being an active directory, is pretty strict and i cant modify
it without the risk of screwing it up, and even if i could mess with the
schema, groupcheck when LDAP is  involved, in all examples i've seen,
has always been done using file backend (raddb/users).

it would be really useful for me to be able to populate the groupcheck and
radgroupreply tables with the parameters i need, and keep the user
authentication in LDAP.