Load Balancing Issue

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Feb 12 09:44:58 CET 2013

Hi,

>    I am using Freeradius 2.2.0 on redhat 5. My goal was to increase the speed
>    of user authentication. To achieve this I configured Load Balancing (with
>    realms). I have a proxy Freeradius server, that is just proxying requests
>    to 2 other freeradius servers.

you only asked this question less than 2 hours ago.....

okay, you need to see why the proxy is causing a x3 factor in slowdown?  run the servers
in full debug mode with timestamps and check to see where your delay is....dont throw
10 million requests at it though, just a dozen should be enought in the first instance
to see where the hit is.  I'd assume that you havent made any configuration changes
or tweaked any configs...in which case your proxy box is probably not ready to be dealing with
that many in transit requests (whereas the authentication servers can handle multiple
requests per thread) - so, some basic tweaking will probably do something....

..though I think you've already found that you dont need to load-balance ;-)

alan