Load Balancing Issue

Muhammad Nadeem mnadeem8327 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 07:44:59 CET 2013

Hi,
I am using Freeradius 2.2.0 on redhat 5. My goal was to increase the speed
of user authentication. To achieve this I configured Load Balancing (with
realms). I have a proxy Freeradius server, that is just proxying requests
to 2 other freeradius servers.
Problem is that, when i sent a specific number (10 million) requests to
proxy server (that just proxy requests to 2 other servers) , it took about
45 minutes to complete these requests.
But if I send same amount of requests direct to on of the server (without
sending it to proxy server), requests are entertained rapidly (in around 16
minutes).
Can any one please tell me , what's the issue.
Thanks a lot.