User mapping

ahmed.sajid at stfc.ac.uk ahmed.sajid at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 13 13:01:48 CET 2013

Hi All,

First of all, I would like to say that the website is very very useful.

I have be able to setup pam_radius_auth with Kerberos, just by following the instructions on the website.

Now to my question, does anybody know how to setup radius to it can map user to a local user. For example, user's username is 'test' but on the local machine the user should be logged on but with user (let's say) 'steve'.

If it helps, I already have LDAP setup for accounts. So, is there a way to get ldap attribute uid and map it to maybe 'name' etc. Or the other way round..?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ahmed Sajid.

--