User disconnects but stays online in radius

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Feb 19 18:28:26 CET 2013

On 19/02/13 16:09, Russell Mike wrote:

> *A.) *Enable interim accounting

Yes

> *B.)* Enable
> post-auth {
>    update reply {
>      Acct-Interim-Interval = 900
>    }

Yes

> C.) *You Said:* You also need to ensure the
> "accounting_update_query{,___alt}" are configured in your sql.conf; this
> is the default.
>
> C1.) Unclear to this, i have nothing like this in my sql.conf
>
>          $INCLUDE sql/${database}/dialup.conf

See the $INCLUDEd file, in this case raddb/sql/mysql/dialup.conf

> *D.) * *You Said:* I also found that sometimes removing the last
> accounting record for the locked user in the radacct table won't work
> and you need to set "/var/log/freeradius/radutmp" to null, to unlock
> that user.

No, I didn't say that. Someone else did.

> *D1.)* I use "radutmp" For Simultaneous-Use tracking. Do you mean it
> should be disable ?

radutmp is inferior to SQL. There is no point in using both, and radutmp
has problems.

> I am clear with A&B. I need more help to tell us more about *"C"* what
> exactly should be added in "sql.conf"  and *"D"* how to set null

The default SQL schema and queries that come with the server support
interim accounting. If you haven't changed them, you don't need to do
thing for "C". Just tell the NAS to send interim accounting, and then
check using debug/tcpdump/radsniff/whatever that it's actually doing that.