eap testing

Muhammad Nadeem mnadeem8327 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:57:16 CET 2013

On 2/20/13, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Is there any other way to do this??? suppose i have hundreds of NAS,
>> how their requests can be sent in parallel, to different FR???   Is FR
>> support such a mechanism without using REALM and PROXY???
>> If yes.,........ what is it???
>
> 1) why would you want to send a request from a NAS in parallel to different
> servers? that is just asking for major problems
>
> 2) what NAS kit are yu dealing with? Can this kit not do its own
> load-balancing?
>
> 3) are you simply balancing realm targets? - why just one proxy anyway? that
> would
> be single point failure and bottleneck. have multiple proxies
>
> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Thanx alan, now we are aligned :)
> 1) why would you want to send a request from a NAS in parallel to different
> servers? that is just asking for major problems
 I dont want to do this,,, I just want that requests from NAS (Their
are thousands of NAS, which send requests for AAA to FR) should be
distributed among many backend Free Radius servers.

> 2) what NAS kit are yu dealing with? Can this kit not do its own
> load-balancing?

No it didnot,

> 3) are you simply balancing realm targets? - why just one proxy anyway? that
> would
> be single point failure and bottleneck. have multiple proxies

Yes this was in my mind, so further research cleared me that a NAS
have some backup server IP's (may have multiple backup IP's that can
be used if a proxy server become down). So i can configure multiple
Proxy servers, which are load balancing among same Freeradius servers.
hopefully u understand the scenario. Thanks

--
Best Regards
Muhammad Nadeem