Question on attributes

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 15:24:49 CET 2013

On 17/01/13 12:42, Tiago wrote:
> Hello Phil,
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> I have these:
> ATTRIBUTE       Download        78      integer
> ATTRIBUTE       Upload          79      integer
>
> On /etc/freeradius/dictionary file that is being included as debug showed.
>
> including dictionary file /etc/freeradius/dictionary on freeradius v2.
>
> Maybe I need to create a separate dictionary file and have a include
> on this file? What I'm doing wrong?

These attributes are already allocated; you've "stolen" them from the
main attribute space, and are probably having problems with dictionary
precedence - IIRC there were changes in this area in FR2.

The correct thing to do is either use a valid, allocated attribute, or
assign your own from a valid, allocated enterprise number that you own.

What is processing these attributes? Since you are using rp-pppoe, I
suspect you are using an "ip-up" script and processing them in shell script?

In that case, find an allocated attribute with similar purpose, and use
that. Use "grep" to search the dictionaries.