Question on attributes

Tiago sytker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 17:15:57 CET 2013

2013/1/17 Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk>:
> On 17/01/13 12:42, Tiago wrote:
>>
>> Hello Phil,
>> Thanks for your answer.
>>
>> I have these:
>> ATTRIBUTE       Download        78      integer
>> ATTRIBUTE       Upload          79      integer
>>
>> On /etc/freeradius/dictionary file that is being included as debug showed.
>>
>> including dictionary file /etc/freeradius/dictionary on freeradius v2.
>>
>> Maybe I need to create a separate dictionary file and have a include
>> on this file? What I'm doing wrong?
>

> These attributes are already allocated; you've "stolen" them from the main
> attribute space, and are probably having problems with dictionary precedence
> - IIRC there were changes in this area in FR2.

Thanks for clarification.

> The correct thing to do is either use a valid, allocated attribute, or
> assign your own from a valid, allocated enterprise number that you own.

Any suggestion/tip on how can I migrate from v1 to v2 considering that
I have few "invalid" attributes on production today (Download/Upload
for example) that it was implemented using the numbers I already
mentioned here, so I don't need to mess with 11,000 of customers
radreply attributes (that are configured with Download/Upload values)
without naming-change? Maybe it will not be there best thing to do,
but as a next step.

> What is processing these attributes? Since you are using rp-pppoe, I suspect
> you are using an "ip-up" script and processing them in shell script?
>
> In that case, find an allocated attribute with similar purpose, and use
> that. Use "grep" to search the dictionaries.

Yes, that's correct, its being processed on ip-up.